The Weaving Studio and Gallery is open for business, Monday thru Saturday, 10 to 4. No appointment necessary to walk in. If you want to schedule a weaving session, visit the weaving studio or call Gretchen, 508-221-3992.
Weaving classes are set up to accommodate the weaver’s time constraints. The following is a list of the classes offered in the past.
Classes can be set up for 1 to 3 individuals at one time.
- Beginning Weaving – Learn to set up and weave on a 4 shaft floor loom. 3 day class.
- Drafting and Design I – Learn to read and design weaving drafts for a 4 shaft loom. 1 or 2 day class.
- Drafting and Design II – Develop your drafting skills for more than 4 shafts, (up to 16 shafts). 1 or 2 day class.
- Rug Weaving – Work with “up-cycled” fabrics to create a double sided rug. 3 day class.
- Inkle Band Weaving – Learn to set up an Inkle loom and to weave a narrow warp faced band. 1 day class.
- Band Weaving II – Using an Inkle loom or Scandinavian style rigid heddle, learn to weave intricate patterns on a narrow band. 1 day class.
- Rigid Heddle Weaving– Plan a weaving project, set-up the rigid heddle loom, and weave off the project. 1 to 2 day class.
Contact Gretchen if you are interested in joining us for a weaving session, email@example.com
Weavers of all skill levels are welcome to book a one, two, or three day weaving focus session, to work on a particular structure or fiber that has been of interest to the weaver. Four to eight shaft jack and counterbalance loom types are available to use. Wool, cotton, linen, and synthetic fibers are on hand to experiment with. The weaver is supported and mentored during the design, set-up, and weaving processes. For weavers who have demonstrated a commitment to weaving and working on a regular basis in the gallery, the fee is $100.00 per month for unlimited use of the weaving studio looms and tools. The weaver can provide their own fiber or are charged by the weight of the materials used from the weaving studio.
- Three-day class, $225.00.
- Two-day class, $175.00.
- One-day class, $100.00.
- Classes include use of looms, and materials.
- Studio hours are 10:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Open Studio Fees:
- $25.00 for a 2 hour consult, (independent of a studio weaving day).
- $100.00 per month. Payable at the beginning of the month. To “qualify” for the monthly fee, a weaver must have taken a two or three day class previously at the weaving studio.
- Open studio includes use of looms and tools. Yarns used from the weaving studio will be weighed when the project is cut off the loom to calculate the amount of yarn used. Yarn can also be provided by the weaver.
- Studio is open by appointment 10 a.m. to 4. p.m. Monday through Saturday.
- Cost of materials when not taking a class is based on the weight of the yarn used. Weavers are encouraged to provide their own yarns when working on a large project. Price of yarn is based on the current replacement cost of the fiber.
- Rigid heddle looms of various sizes are available to borrow by the week and month. $25.00 per week, $50.00 per month.
- Inkle loom can be borrowed by the week or month. $25.00 per week, $50.00 per month.
I am a dealer for the Schacht Loom company to sell Cricket rigid heddle looms and Schacht Inkle Looms. New 15″ Cricket loom sells for $240.00. The Inkle loom sells for $115.00.
Rigid heddle looms and inkle looms can be borrowed for $25.00 per week, or $50.00 per month.