The Weaving Studio and Gallery is open by appointment, Monday thru Saturday, 10 to 4. In keeping with current safety protocols, masks should be worn in the weaving studio. No more than 4 individuals can be in the space at any one time, (for now). Call Gretchen to schedule a visit or for weaving time, 508-221-3992.
This summer weaving classes will be scheduled for individuals or small groups of interested weavers. The following classes are a list of the regular classes I have offered in the past
The following classes are offered on a rotating schedule or can be “special ordered” for a group of up to 3 weavers.
- Beginning Weaving – Learn to set up and weave on a 4 shaft floor loom. 3 day class.
- Drafting and Design I – Learn to read and design weaving drafts for a 4 shaft loom. 1 or 2 day class.
- Drafting and Design II – Develop your drafting skills for more than 4 shafts, (up to 16 shafts). 1 or 2 day class.
- Rug Weaving – Work with “up-cycled” fabrics to create a double sided rug. 3 day class.
- Inkle Band Weaving – Learn to set up an Inkle loom to weave a narrow warp faced band. 1 day class.
- Band Weaving II – Using an Inkle loom or Scandinavian style rigid heddle, learn to weave intricate patterns on a narrow band. 1 day class.
Contact Gretchen if you are interested in joining us for a weaving session, firstname.lastname@example.org
I have been weaving more fiddle blankets during my time off from the gallery, (weaving in my home studio). The 8.5″ x 25″ textiles are designed to fit in a violin case to protect the violin from the rosined bows in the lid of the case. I am pleased with the combination of bamboo and Tencel fibers. They are very soft and drape over the violin nicely. I sell them for $125.00 each, (plus shipping). I have more, so if you want to see more choices, contact me – Gretchen, at email@example.com.
July 8 – 10, For new weavers and those who seek a refresher class.
Participants will design a project (scarf, wall hanging, or table runner), select yarns, wind a warp, “dress” a 4 shaft floor loom, and weave the project. Weavers will learn the vocabulary of weaving and develop a better understanding of the process. The 3 day workshop ($225.00) includes use of the studio’s equipment, yarn, and space. The days run from 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. (with a break at mid-day for a snack or lunch). contact Gretchen at, firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact the weaving studio if none of the class sessions fit your schedule and we will work out a private class that works better for you.
9″x19″, $175.00. Handwoven of fine Lyocell fiber. Lyocell is a viscose cellulose fiber that is similar to rayon but is manufactured in such a was as to eliminate harmful waste products. The finished fabric is hand sewn to a stretched linen canvas to hang on the wall.