The weavers at the Tanzer Weaving Studio and Gallery, #2623 Main St., Brewster, MA 12631, have been busy. Here are a few of their newly finished projects.
The Weaving Studio and Gallery is open by appointment, Monday thru Saturday, 10 to 4. In keeping with current safety protocols, masks should be worn in the weaving studio. No more than 4 individuals can be in the space at any one time, (for now). Call Gretchen to schedule a visit or for weaving time, 508-221-3992.
For new weavers and those who seek a refresher class.
Participants will design a project (scarf, wall hanging, or table runner), select yarns, wind a warp, “dress” a 4 shaft floor loom, and weave the project. Weavers will learn the vocabulary of weaving and develop a better understanding of the process. The 3 day workshop ($225.00) includes use of the studio’s equipment, yarn, and space. The days run from 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. (with a break at mid-day for a snack or lunch). contact Gretchen at, email@example.com
Contact the weaving studio if none of the class sessions fit your schedule and we will work out a private class that works better for you.
This year regularly scheduled weaving classes have been changed to “on demand”. The following classes are a list of the regular classes I have offered in the past.
The following classes are offered on a rotating schedule or can be “special ordered” for a group of up to 3 weavers.
- Beginning Weaving – Learn to set up and weave on a 4 shaft floor loom. 3 day class.
- Drafting and Design I – Learn to read and design weaving drafts for a 4 shaft loom. 1 or 2 day class.
- Drafting and Design II – Develop your drafting skills for more than 4 shafts, (up to 16 shafts). 1 or 2 day class.
- Rug Weaving – Work with “up-cycled” fabrics to create a double sided rug. 3 day class.
- Inkle Band Weaving – Learn to set up an Inkle loom to weave a narrow warp faced band. 1 day class.
- Band Weaving II – Using an Inkle loom or Scandinavian style rigid heddle, learn to weave intricate patterns on a narrow band. 1 day class.
Contact Gretchen if you are interested in joining us for a weaving session, firstname.lastname@example.org