30″ x 46″, $1300.00. Handwoven of fine cotton thread. Hand sewn to a stretched canvas frame to hang on the wall.
Weaving classes are set up to accommodate the weaver’s time constraints. The following is a list of the classes offered in the past.
Classes can be set up for 1 to 3 individuals at one time.
- Beginning Weaving – Learn to set up and weave on a 4 shaft floor loom. 3 day class.
- Drafting and Design I – Learn to read and design weaving drafts for a 4 shaft loom. 1 or 2 day class.
- Drafting and Design II – Develop your drafting skills for more than 4 shafts, (up to 16 shafts). 1 or 2 day class.
- Rug Weaving – Work with “up-cycled” fabrics to create a double sided rug. 3 day class.
- Inkle Band Weaving – Learn to set up an Inkle loom to weave a narrow warp faced band. 1 day class.
- Band Weaving II – Using an Inkle loom or Scandinavian style rigid heddle, learn to weave intricate patterns on a narrow band. 1 day class.
Contact Gretchen if you are interested in joining us for a weaving session, email@example.com
- Three-day class, $225.00.
- Two-day class, $175.00.
- One-day class, $100.00.
- Classes include use of looms, and materials.
- Studio hours are 10:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Open Studio Fees:
- $25.00 for a 2 hour consult, (independent of a studio weaving day).
- $100.00 per month. Payable at the beginning of the month. To “qualify” for the monthly fee, a weaver must have taken a two or three day class previously at the weaving studio.
- Open studio includes use of looms and tools. Yarns used from the weaving studio will be weighed when the project is cut off the loom to calculate the amount of yarn used. Yarn can also be provided by the weaver.
- Studio is open by appointment 10 a.m. to 4. p.m. Monday through Saturday.
- Cost of materials when not taking a class is based on the weight of the yarn used. Weavers are encouraged to provide their own yarns when working on a large project.