Weaving classes in April have been canceled. I will continue to be at the weaving studio during open hours. The May schedule is uncertain at this time. Brewster in Bloom has been canceled for the first weekend in May. Call Gretchen for more information, 508-221-3992.
Spring weaving workshops have been canceled due to the current climate of concern about Covid-19. The weaving studio will open back up for classes when it seems like a good idea. Stay healthy and weave at home! Please feel free to contact me via email – email@example.com – if you have any weaving related questions.
April 8 – 10, Beginning Weaving.Canceled April 22 – 24, Rug Weaving.Canceled
- May 27 – 28, Drafting and Design.
The following classes are offered on a rotating schedule or can be “special ordered” for a group of up to 3 weavers.
- Drafting and Design I – Learn to read and design weaving drafts for a 4 shaft loom.
- Drafting and Design II – Develop your drafting skills for more than 4 shafts, (up to 16 shafts).
- Rug Weaving – Work with “up-cycled” fabrics to create a double sided rug.
- Inkle Band Weaving – Learn to set up an Inkle loom to weave a narrow warp faced band.
- Band Weaving II – Using an Inkle loom or Scandinavian style rigid heddle, learn to weave intricate patterns on a narrow band.
Contact Gretchen if you are interested in joining us for a weaving session, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Three-day class, $225.00.
- Two-day class, $175.00.
- One-day class, $100.00.
- Classes include use of looms, and materials.
- Studio hours are 10:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Open Studio Fees:
- $75.00 per week for the first 4 weeks. Payable at the beginning of the week.
- $100.00 per month after that. Payable at the beginning of the month.
- Open studio includes use of looms and tools. Yarns used from the weaving studio will be weighed when the project is cut off the loom to calculate the amount of yarn used. Yarn can also be provided by the weaver.
- Studio is open 10 a.m. to 4. p.m. Wednesday through Saturday.