The Weaving Studio and Gallery is open for business, Monday thru Saturday, 10 to 4. No appointment necessary to walk in. If you want to schedule a weaving session, visit the weaving studio or call Gretchen, 508-221-3992.
Weaving classes are set up to accommodate the weaver’s time constraints. The following is a list of the classes offered in the past.
Classes can be set up for 1 to 3 individuals at one time.
- Beginning Weaving – Learn to set up and weave on a 4 shaft floor loom. 3 day class.
- Drafting and Design I – Learn to read and design weaving drafts for a 4 shaft loom. 1 or 2 day class.
- Drafting and Design II – Develop your drafting skills for more than 4 shafts, (up to 16 shafts). 1 or 2 day class.
- Rug Weaving – Weave rag rugs or weft faced wool rugs. 3 day class.
- Inkle Band Weaving – Learn to set up an Inkle loom and to weave a narrow warp faced band. 1 day class.
- Band Weaving II – Using an Inkle loom or Scandinavian style rigid heddle, learn to weave intricate patterns on a narrow band. 1 day class.
- Rigid Heddle Weaving– Plan a weaving project, set-up the rigid heddle loom, and weave off the project. 1 to 2 day class.
- Rya Knotting – Rya knotting on a handwoven wool and linen backing to create a “shag” style rug. 1/2 to 1 day class.
Contact Gretchen if you are interested in joining us for a weaving session, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Weaving Studio has recently received a large quantity of superior quality rug yarn in many colors, (both single and double ply). I have started weaving rya rug backings suitable for floor rugs, bench rugs and chair pads. The backing fabric is woven with linen warp and wool weft in the Norwegian style of rya rug backings. I will be charging $25.00. per square foot for the backing material. Custom sizes can be produced to order, (up to 45″ wide and as long as you like). Currently I am weaving smaller backings for customers to try out, (12″ x 24″ and 12″ x 12″). Contact me for special orders, 508-221-3992.