The Weaving Studio and Gallery is open for business, Monday thru Saturday, 10 to 4. We are vaccinated and not masking but will respect your right to wear a mask. No appointment necessary. If you want to schedule a weaving session, visit the weaving studio or call Gretchen, 508-221-3992.
Regularly scheduled weaving classes have been changed to “on demand”. The following classes are a list of the regular classes I have offered in the past.
The following classes are offered on a rotating schedule or can be “special ordered” for a group of up to 3 weavers.
- Beginning Weaving – Learn to set up and weave on a 4 shaft floor loom. 3 day class.
- Drafting and Design I – Learn to read and design weaving drafts for a 4 shaft loom. 1 or 2 day class.
- Drafting and Design II – Develop your drafting skills for more than 4 shafts, (up to 16 shafts). 1 or 2 day class.
- Rug Weaving – Work with “up-cycled” fabrics to create a double sided rug. 3 day class.
- Inkle Band Weaving – Learn to set up an Inkle loom to weave a narrow warp faced band. 1 day class.
- Band Weaving II – Using an Inkle loom or Scandinavian style rigid heddle, learn to weave intricate patterns on a narrow band. 1 day class.
Contact Gretchen if you are interested in joining us for a weaving session, firstname.lastname@example.org