9″x19″, $175.00. Handwoven of fine Lyocell fiber. Lyocell is a viscose cellulose fiber that is similar to rayon but is manufactured in such a was as to eliminate harmful waste products. The finished fabric is hand sewn to a stretched linen canvas to hang on the wall.
Spring weaving workshops have been canceled due to the current climate of concern about Covid-19. The weaving studio will open back up for classes when it seems like a good idea, (hopefully in June). Stay healthy and weave at home! Please feel free to contact me via email – email@example.com – if you have any weaving related questions.
The following classes are offered on a rotating schedule or can be “special ordered” for a group of up to 3 weavers.
- Drafting and Design I – Learn to read and design weaving drafts for a 4 shaft loom.
- Drafting and Design II – Develop your drafting skills for more than 4 shafts, (up to 16 shafts).
- Rug Weaving – Work with “up-cycled” fabrics to create a double sided rug.
- Inkle Band Weaving – Learn to set up an Inkle loom to weave a narrow warp faced band.
- Band Weaving II – Using an Inkle loom or Scandinavian style rigid heddle, learn to weave intricate patterns on a narrow band.
Contact Gretchen if you are interested in joining us for a weaving session, firstname.lastname@example.org