The Weaving Studio and Gallery is open for business, Monday thru Saturday, 10 to 4. We are vaccinated and ask that those not vaccinated wear a mask while in the weaving studio. No appointment necessary. If you want to schedule a weaving session, visit the weaving studio or call Gretchen, 508-221-3992.
- Three-day class, $225.00.
- Two-day class, $175.00.
- One-day class, $100.00.
- Classes include use of looms, and materials.
- Studio hours are 10:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Open Studio Fees:
- $25.00 for a 2 hour consult, (independent of a studio weaving day).
- $75.00 per week for the first 4 weeks. Payable at the beginning of the week.
- $100.00 per month after that. Payable at the beginning of the month.
- Open studio includes use of looms and tools. Yarns used from the weaving studio will be weighed when the project is cut off the loom to calculate the amount of yarn used. Yarn can also be provided by the weaver.
- Studio is open by appointment 10 a.m. to 4. p.m. Monday through Saturday.
- Cost of materials when not taking a class is based on the weight of the yarn used. Weavers are encouraged to provide their own yarns when working on a large project.
Rug Weaving with “upcycled” T’shirts. 8 to 10 large T’shirts can be used to weave a sturdy and soft 22″ x 48″ floor rug. This three day class is for the weaver who has some experience working on a 4 shaft floor loom. We use a double sided pattern that gives the weaver a wide variety of design possibilities. February 5 – 7, three day class, $225.00, materials included. Call Gretchen at 508 221-3992, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Weavers of all skill levels are welcome to book a one, two, or three day weaving focus session to work on a particular structure or fiber that has been of interest to the weaver. Four to twelve shaft jack and counter marche loom types are available to use. Wool, cotton, linen, and synthetic fibers are on hand to experiment with. The weaver is supported and mentored during the design, set-up, and weaving processes. For first time visitors a one day fee is $100.00. For following days there is a $50.00 charge, (half days are okay!) 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. For weavers who have demonstrated a commitment to weaving and working on a regular basis in the gallery, the fee changes to $100.00 per month for unlimited use of the weaving studio looms and tools. The weaver must provide their own fiber for larger projects. When weaving samples you can use studio materials.