The weavers at the Tanzer Weaving Studio and Gallery, #2623 Main St., Brewster, MA 02631, have been busy. Here are a few of the finished projects.
The Weaving Studio and Gallery is open for business, Monday thru Saturday, 10 to 4. We are vaccinated and ask that those not vaccinated wear a mask while in the weaving studio. No appointment necessary. If you want to schedule a weaving session, visit the weaving studio or call Gretchen, 508-221-3992.
For new weavers and those who seek a refresher class.
Participants will design a project (scarf, wall hanging, or table runner), select yarns, wind a warp, “dress” a 4 shaft floor loom, and weave the project. Weavers will learn the vocabulary of weaving and develop a better understanding of the process. The 3 day workshop ($225.00) includes use of the studio’s equipment, yarn, and space. The days run from 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. (with a break at mid-day for a snack or lunch). contact Gretchen to schedule a weaving lesson at, email@example.com, or call (508)221-3992.
Antique Osma Gallinger Todd counterbalance loom, $300.00. Has 4 shafts, flat metal heddles, sectional beam, 18″ weaving width, full dimensions are, 30″w x 43″d x 47″h. Comes with the original creel and 60 new and slightly used cardboard spools. Weaves well. Evidence of its age but otherwise In good shape. Comes with a stainless steel 10 dent reed.
- Three-day class, $225.00.
- Two-day class, $175.00.
- One-day class, $100.00.
- Classes include use of looms, and materials.
- Studio hours are 10:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Open Studio Fees:
- $25.00 for a 2 hour consult, (independent of a studio weaving day).
- $100.00 per month. Payable at the beginning of the month. To “qualify” for the monthly fee, a weaver must have taken a two or three day class previously at the weaving studio.
- Open studio includes use of looms and tools. Yarns used from the weaving studio will be weighed when the project is cut off the loom to calculate the amount of yarn used. Yarn can also be provided by the weaver.
- Studio is open by appointment 10 a.m. to 4. p.m. Monday through Saturday.
- Cost of materials when not taking a class is based on the weight of the yarn used. Weavers are encouraged to provide their own yarns when working on a large project.
Weavers of all skill levels are welcome to book a one, two, or three day weaving focus session to work on a particular structure or fiber that has been of interest to the weaver. Four to twelve shaft jack and counter marche loom types are available to use. Wool, cotton, linen, and synthetic fibers are on hand to experiment with. The weaver is supported and mentored during the design, set-up, and weaving processes. For first time visitors a one day fee is $100.00. For following days there is a $50.00 charge, (half days are okay!) 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. For weavers who have demonstrated a commitment to weaving and working on a regular basis in the gallery, the fee changes to $100.00 per month for unlimited use of the weaving studio looms and tools. The weaver must provide their own fiber for larger projects. When weaving samples you can use studio materials.