Weaving classes in April have been canceled. I will continue to be at the weaving studio during open hours. The May schedule is uncertain at this time. Brewster in Bloom has been canceled for the first weekend in May. Call Gretchen for more information, 508-221-3992.
- Three-day class, $225.00.
- Two-day class, $175.00.
- One-day class, $100.00.
- Classes include use of looms, and materials.
- Studio hours are 10:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Open Studio Fees:
- $75.00 per week for the first 4 weeks. Payable at the beginning of the week.
- $100.00 per month after that. Payable at the beginning of the month.
- Open studio includes use of looms and tools. Yarns used from the weaving studio will be weighed when the project is cut off the loom to calculate the amount of yarn used. Yarn can also be provided by the weaver.
- Studio is open 10 a.m. to 4. p.m. Wednesday through Saturday.
Weavers of all skill levels are welcome to book a one, two, or three day weaving focus session to work on a particular structure or fiber that has been of interest to the weaver. Four to twelve shaft jack and counter marche loom types are available to use. Wool, cotton, linen, and synthetic fibers are on hand to experiment with. The weaver is supported and mentored during the design, set-up, and weaving processes. For first time visitors a one day fee is $100.00. For following days there is a $50.00 charge, (half days are okay!) 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. For weavers who have demonstrated a commitment to weaving and working on a regular basis in the gallery, the fee changes to $100.00 per month for unlimited use of the weaving studio looms and tools. The weaver must provide their own fiber for larger projects. When weaving samples you can use studio materials.
March 4 – 6, April 8 – 10 For new weavers and those who seek a refresher class.
Participants will design a project (scarf, wall hanging, or table runner), select yarns, wind a warp, “dress” a 4 shaft floor loom, and weave the project. Weavers will learn the vocabulary of weaving and develop a better understanding of the process. The 3 day workshop ($225.00) includes use of the studio’s equipment, yarn, and space. The days run from 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. (with a break at mid-day for a snack or lunch). contact Gretchen at, firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact the weaving studio if none of the class sessions fit your schedule and we will work out a private class that works better for you.