The weavers at the Tanzer Weaving Studio and Gallery, #2623 Main St., Brewster, MA 02631, have been busy. Here are a few of the finished projects.
The Weaving Studio and Gallery is open for business, Monday thru Saturday, 10 to 4. We are vaccinated and ask that those not vaccinated wear a mask while in the weaving studio. No appointment necessary. If you want to schedule a weaving session, visit the weaving studio or call Gretchen, 508-221-3992.
Antique Osma Gallinger Todd counterbalance loom, $300.00. Has 4 shafts, flat metal heddles, sectional beam, 18″ weaving width, full dimensions are, 30″w x 43″d x 47″h. Comes with the original creel and 60 new and slightly used cardboard spools. Weaves well. Evidence of its age but otherwise In good shape. Comes with a stainless steel 10 dent reed.
Weaving classes are set up to accommodate the weaver’s time constraints. The following is a list of the classes offered in the past.
Classes can be set up for 1 to 3 individuals at one time.
- Beginning Weaving – Learn to set up and weave on a 4 shaft floor loom. 3 day class.
- Drafting and Design I – Learn to read and design weaving drafts for a 4 shaft loom. 1 or 2 day class.
- Drafting and Design II – Develop your drafting skills for more than 4 shafts, (up to 16 shafts). 1 or 2 day class.
- Rug Weaving – Work with “up-cycled” fabrics to create a double sided rug. 3 day class.
- Inkle Band Weaving – Learn to set up an Inkle loom to weave a narrow warp faced band. 1 day class.
- Band Weaving II – Using an Inkle loom or Scandinavian style rigid heddle, learn to weave intricate patterns on a narrow band. 1 day class.
Contact Gretchen if you are interested in joining us for a weaving session, email@example.com