The Weaving Studio and Gallery is open by appointment, Monday thru Saturday, 10 to 4. In keeping with current safety protocols, masks should be worn in the weaving studio. No more than 4 individuals can be in the space at any one time, (for now). Call Gretchen to schedule a visit or for weaving time, 508-221-3992.
This summer weaving classes will be scheduled for individuals or small groups of interested weavers. The following classes are a list of the regular classes I have offered in the past
The following classes are offered on a rotating schedule or can be “special ordered” for a group of up to 3 weavers.
- Beginning Weaving – Learn to set up and weave on a 4 shaft floor loom. 3 day class.
- Drafting and Design I – Learn to read and design weaving drafts for a 4 shaft loom. 1 or 2 day class.
- Drafting and Design II – Develop your drafting skills for more than 4 shafts, (up to 16 shafts). 1 or 2 day class.
- Rug Weaving – Work with “up-cycled” fabrics to create a double sided rug. 3 day class.
- Inkle Band Weaving – Learn to set up an Inkle loom to weave a narrow warp faced band. 1 day class.
- Band Weaving II – Using an Inkle loom or Scandinavian style rigid heddle, learn to weave intricate patterns on a narrow band. 1 day class.
Contact Gretchen if you are interested in joining us for a weaving session, email@example.com
Weavers of all skill levels are welcome to book a one, two, or three day weaving focus session to work on a particular structure or fiber that has been of interest to the weaver. Four to twelve shaft jack and counter marche loom types are available to use. Wool, cotton, linen, and synthetic fibers are on hand to experiment with. The weaver is supported and mentored during the design, set-up, and weaving processes. For first time visitors a one day fee is $100.00. For following days there is a $50.00 charge, (half days are okay!) 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. For weavers who have demonstrated a commitment to weaving and working on a regular basis in the gallery, the fee changes to $100.00 per month for unlimited use of the weaving studio looms and tools. The weaver must provide their own fiber for larger projects. When weaving samples you can use studio materials.
Gwenn Friss of the Cape Cod Times interviewed me about weaving, my work, and the Tanzer Weaving Studio and Gallery October 23, 2019, on her weekly video blog, “Life With Gwenn”. https://bit.ly/31N0Q7b
Gretchen Romey-Tanzer was among the 16 artists selected to receive this year’s Artist Fellowship Award!