Rannu rugs are a Finnish weft faced rug weaving style. Rya knotting is a Scandinavian type of tufted knotted rug.
Gretchen Romey-Tanzer: The Fine Art of Weaving
My work will be on display at Highfield Hall and Gardens in Falmouth, MA, from February 8 thru
April 2 extended to April 23 , 2023. https://highfieldhallandgardens.org/art/
Tanzer Weaving Studio and Gallery Projects.
Looms for Sale and Loan
I am a dealer for the Schacht Loom company to sell Cricket rigid heddle looms and Schacht Inkle Looms. New 15″ Cricket loom sells for $240.00. The Inkle loom sells for $115.00. Rigid heddle looms and inkle looms can be borrowed for $25.00 per week, or $50.00 per month.
- Schacht 15″ Cricket loom, with stand, $395.00.
- Loom sold separately, $240.00.
- Stand sold separately, $163.00.
- 15″ Schacht pick-up sticks, $16.00.
- Extra 15″, 12 dent reeds, $47.00.
Winter 2023 Weaving Studio & Gallery Schedule
2023 Weaving Workshops and Classes on Demand
Weaving classes are set up to accommodate the weaver’s time constraints. The following is a list of the classes offered in the past.
Classes can be set up for 1 to 3 individuals at one time.
- Beginning Weaving – Learn to set up and weave on a 4 shaft floor loom. 3 day class.
- Drafting and Design I – Learn to read and design weaving drafts for a 4 shaft loom. 1 or 2 day class.
- Drafting and Design II – Develop your drafting skills for more than 4 shafts, (up to 16 shafts). 1 or 2 day class.
- Rug Weaving – Weave rag rugs or weft faced wool rugs. 3 day class.
- Inkle Band Weaving – Learn to set up an Inkle loom and to weave a narrow warp faced band. 1 day class.
- Band Weaving II – Using an Inkle loom or Scandinavian style rigid heddle, learn to weave intricate patterns on a narrow band. 1 day class.
- Rigid Heddle Weaving– Plan a weaving project, set-up the rigid heddle loom, and weave off the project. 1 to 2 day class.
- Rya Knotting – Rya knotting on a handwoven wool and linen backing to create a “shag” style rug. 1/2 to 1 day class.
Contact Gretchen if you are interested in joining us for a weaving session, email@example.com